Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Breaking a Leg and Patreon

Hello folks! It's been a while since I have "blogged." Been busy both performing and breaking my leg. I realize now, that when I get ready to perform and someone says "break a leg," that they're just kidding. : )
My muse this month, while nurturing my leg and on crutches for four more weeks, will be to also nurture my new home page at Patreon.com. I've investigated this website for a while and have decided it's perfect for my desire to be sharing what I do on a regular basis with a larger group of people. Through the page there's an easy to use activity feed where I can post to let people know about the progress of projects. I can even share the rough drafts of music with you. 
This website connects artists with interested patrons who pledge any chosen amount of money, in support of careers, and are in exchange offered music, gifts, music lessons, concerts and whatever else is possible for their patronage. Many of you have heard of the popular Kickstarter site that funds individual projects, but patreon.com provides ongoing communication between artists and supporters, and longterm support for careers. In the past I've relied on private support for some of my larger projects, but this new site offers an organized place to work in less of a vacuum, more within a community, a community of people who I actually create music for. I'm looking forward to this!
Please check out this page at www.patreon.com/katemacleod
And aside from music projects, I have plans to be back on my feet by summer, to enjoy some of my favorite hiking trails. xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment