Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Last night's recording session was phenomenal. I am producing, with Duncan Phillips, a unique recording that will feature some of the more obscure Bruce "Utah" Phillips songs performed by regionally-based musicians. Wait 'til you hear this! It's going to be amazing. We've actually recorded six song basics so far, with more to be recorded in April. For me, it's an honor. For my brain, it's a lot of organizational work. Trying to get everyone into the studio is like trying to move frogs in a barrel. I also don't have time to play my instruments much once I am into a project like this. But you can hardly beat the magic that sometimes happens in the recording studio. One of these days I'll get to sing on it, too. Until then, I'm on the "bridge" with the sound engineer and those who stop by to listen. Last night we had a room full of friends; Duncan Phillips, Anke Summerhill, The Iversons, Buddy Mondlock, Hal Cannon and the engineer Michael Greene. Phillips' fans should see the project's website, www.thelongmemory.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment